Several therapists at Summit Psychological Services (SPS) are experts in treating the following types of addictions in adults and teens. Keep in mind that this is not a complete list. If you or a loved one has an addiction or substance abuse problem you don't see here, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Illegal and prescription drug abuse and dependence
- Alcohol abuse and dependence
- Food addiction and compulsive overeating
We offer these methods to help clients recover:
- Individual therapy (adult and child/adolescent)
- Group Therapy
- Horse-Powered Growth and Learning (horse-assisted programs)
- Mind-body-spirit holistic practices
- Quit Smart smoking cessation program. Quit Smart is a state-of-the-art system for smoking cessation, validated by more than 20 years of research and thousands of ex-smokers. It can be taught during individual sessions or to goups such as organizations, companies, and families. Quit Smart was created by the founding director of the Duke Medical Center Stop Smoking Clinic, who certified SPS Managing Director Jeffrey S. Kahn, PhD, CGP, DABPS and SPS Director Alison W. Johnson, PsyD as Quit Smart Instructors. For more than 20 years, Drs. Kahn and Johnson have been helping people free themselves from nicotine and other addictions. Dr. Kahn holds the American Psychological Association's Certificate of Proficiency in the Treatment of Alcohol and Other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders, and Dr. Johnson has been in recovery for more than 20 years.