Economic challenges, a competitive job market, and societal expectations have left many 20-somethings feeling ill equipped to transition to adulthood. Some millennials feel isolated and alone as they launch the next chapter of their lives. Others resort to self-destructive behaviors to cope with the emotional ups and downs of striving to gain more independence. Many feel judged and criticized for “failure to launch.”
If you relate to any of these struggles, the “Roaring Twenties” psychotherapy group welcomes you. It’s a safe and supportive place to work through issues including entering the work world, redefining family relationships, managing stress, transforming your identity, and handling intimacy. The group also focuses on your strengths and achievements, as well as steps you can take to achieve your goals and thrive. Its approach is positive and encouraging, and it can benefit young adults with and without mental health issues.
- Ages: 20-29.
- Leader: Alison W. Johnson, PsyD, SPS Director. Dr. Johnson is a highly experienced therapist with expertise in counseling teens and young adults.
- Every Thursday, 8:00-9:30 pm; weekly attendance is expected.
- Summit Psychological Services, 482 Springfield Ave., Summit.
- $85/session; health insurance plans may cover as group psychotherapy
- For more information and to schedule a screening interview, call Dr. Johnson, (908) 273-5558 ext 112.