This innovative group helps children develop social skills and build self-esteem. With state-of-the-art behavior-modification training, kids learn new coping, problem-solving, and communication skills. Parents report that their children "graduate" from the group with improved self-esteem and confidence, as well as greater awareness of their emotions, behaviors, and communication styles.
CHANGE can benefit any child, including those with learning disabilities or ADD/ADHD and those in stressful situations (divorce, loss, illness, or a new school, for example).
Parent workshop: CHANGE includes a one-day workshop for parents. You'll receive insightful guidance on setting healthy goals for your child, establishing appropriate rules and boundaries, and cultivating your child's self-esteem and potential.
- Ages: 7-10.
- Leader: Michael Goldman, LCSW, SPS psychotherapist. Mr. Goldman specializes in child and adolescent psychotherapy, with expertise in emotional disturbances and special needs. He builds strong, trusting relationships with kids.
- Summit Psychological Services, 482 Springfield Ave., Summit.
- $85/session; health insurance plans may cover as group psychotherapy.
- Fee for one-day parent workshop: $85.
- For more information, for upcoming dates, and to schedule a screening interview, call Mr. Goldman, (908) 273-5558 ext 144.