The members of this group are working toward recovering from alcohol and drug abuse and dependence. They share their experiences, struggles, and successes in a safe, therapeutic setting that provides vital support. The group is open to any adult committed to abstinence and recovery. Attendance at 12-step meetings is highly recommended (but not required).
- Leaders: Jeffrey S. Kahn, PhD, CGP, DABPS, SPS Managing Director; Alison W. Johnson, PsyD, SPS Director. For more than 20 years, both psychotherapists have helped people free themselves from addiction. Dr. Kahn holds the American Psychological Association's Certificate of Proficiency in the Treatment of Alcohol and Other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders.
- Every Tuesday, 6:00–7:30 pm; weekly attendance is expected.
- Summit Psychological Services, 482 Springfield Ave., Summit.
- $85/session; health insurance plans may cover as group psychotherapy.
- For more information and to schedule a screening interview, call Dr. Kahn, (908) 273-5558 ext 111; or Dr. Johnson, ext 112.